Friday 19 August 2011

Away from the publicity


As you may have noticed, content on this blog has been lacking somewhat over the past three weeks. I apologise for this sincerely, although I have been rather busy continuing working for Portsmouth Football Club's media section and also working on a full time basis. Yes, you may well suggest, that this sudden increase in workload indicates that I am now an adult, bemoaning the fact I now have to be grown up.

Which leads me perfectly into the topic for this post. You see, acknowledging the fact that I am now into my second year at University studying journalism, the time is right to show some initiative in my particular field. However informative they may be, I get the sense that most of you would commonly check BBC or Sky for their F1 updates. It is perfectly understandable, since my time is predominantly spent checking both (probably too often) as well.

I'm waffling now, perhaps because my motor racing posts have been sporadic of late, so I'll get to the point. I will be spending this weekend at Silverstone for World Series by Renault. What's more, I have also managed to attain media accreditation for the weekend. Yes, Mr Bell is heading into the unknown that is a motor racing paddock, reporting on the frontline. To be honest, the combination of excitement and nerves is overwhelming.

Now, I am not for a moment implying that the blog will be filled with countless interviews from top, young and hungry drivers but I feel this could be beginning of something new to the blog. Obviously, that would be perfect but I am a realist and as a rookie, they may only be sparing. If all goes well (by well I mean I do not get lost, run over etc.) articles from different categories of motorsport could become a common feature. Although 'Bell on F1' is much easier on the tongue than 'Bell on anything with four wheels', articles across such a vast field will be a recurring theme. I would be grateful if you could inform me of any specific forms of motor sport you enjoy and I will attempt to provide you with some in depth coverage of them.

You see, I know blogs are designed to be personal, whereby you scribe whatever you desire but I feel you are not learning anything new from my site (sometimes anyway). I am very appreciative of the feedback I have received from my posts, yet I feel now is the time to branch out to a wider target audience. World Series by Renault, which boasts drivers such as Daniel Ricciardo, Jean-Eric Vergne and Robert Wickens in Formula Renault 3.5, seems a very good starting point.

Qualifying and race reviews are integral to the success of this blog and they will be maintained throughout the course of this weekend. Interviewing drivers? It would be a momentous moment for the blog if it could be achieved.

After the short hiatus, articles on this website should now appear at a significant rate. The holiday period in F1 is almost over, with Spa just a week away. Yet this post is just a reminder that F1, the pinnacle of motor sport, is not the only way for petrolheads to quench their motor racing thirst. World Series by Renault is a superb category, not to mention one of the cheaper options; tickets are free to MyRenault members. It promises to be a thrilling weekend and I shall be keeping you right up to date.

PS. F1 related posts to return on Monday, you have my word.

Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment